Sometimes I do have moments of clarity, and even thought people see me as a comedian at times, it is on this blog many times my seriousness comes out. After doing this for fifteen years, I am a veteran, but I‘m not the oldest war dog out there… but I do have a rather unique view… so here we go with this weeks blog…
The Last Five Minutes… of this hoax that is.
After “Shooting Bigfoot,” airs in the UK on BBC Storyville, the heat is finally coming down on Morgan Matthews.
This story just won’t seem to die, probably because of Morgan Matthews trying to maintain an interest in his film .
Matthews taking fire for being a hoaxer.
Secondly, while retracing some prior research I saw something very interesting on my Google search…
Yes it actually says, “Morgan Matthews Bigfoot hoaxer.”
Here’s the Wikipedia screenshot…
(Click picture to enlarge)
Thanks to an intrepid YouTuber… we were now privy to seeing some low definition of the last five minutes of, “Shooting Sasquatch.”
In my opinion, the interaction and reactions of Morgan Matthews seem a bit over the top and the whole thing looks staged and a “Blair Witch,” homage.
What the last five minutes tells us…
Well for one thing, what Matthews says at the end of the film, should have woken the tools that still believed in Dyer after watching the movie the hell up.
Remember when I warned people back in 2012, Dyer had bought some high end video equipment?
Well according to Dyer since the beginning, he got the tent video, then got more ribs, and BANG!
You can read this excerpt from Dyer’s own website…
“It was September 6, 2012 in San Antonio, Texas. The 6th day of an expedition that would change lives forever. After hearing various reports from the homeless people in that area of seeing a giant hairy beast in this area dragging a deer across the roadway. Rick Dyer plans an expedition there with Morgan Mathews Director of the movie “Shooting Bigfoot.” The morning begins with a visit from Bigfoot (Rick lured in by nailing ribs to a tree they bought from a nearby Wallmart).
Rick plucks up the courage to film the Bigfoot on his mobile phone and started to record what is now known as “The Tent Video”. Glancing over it’s should to look Rick dead in the eye. Both men having seen Bigfoot come out of the tents, while Rick picked up is gun ready to shoot but his hands went numb and he could not do nothing at that point. Bigfoot ripped the ribs off the tree and casually started to walk away. Every 4 or 5 steps it did the “classic Bigfoot” look turning its head every few seconds. Rick turned to Morgan who just freaked out. Matthews said “We gotta get him on film” he didn’t know that Rick already had the mobile phone video. They went straight back to Wal-Mart and bought about $200.00 worth of ribs. After they returned, Rick nailed these ribs all over the place.
Gun at ready which he originally thought would be for protection only waited for nightfall, with the see through net open all the way around and his night-vison on, he started to hear footsteps. Matthews also heard the noise and Rick helped him out of his tent. Morgan gets out with this huge camera and was helped up by Dyer and that when it all started. Dyer’s gun had a light at the end of it and both started walking through the woods…”
But to those who know “Rick’s version,” why is Matthews version different.
Here’s a few screen caps of what was stated in the film, as the film claims, Dyer tries to claim the film in Matthews camera, but returns LATER to get the Tent Video.
The film goes on to show Dyer with former Veep, (hard to keep count these days), BJ Breshears.
NOT ONLY IS MATTHEWS AND DYERS STORY DIFFERENT, BUT WHY WOULD YOU GO BACK TO ATTEMPT TO VIDEO IF YOU HAD SHOT AT LEAST ONE OF THEM LIKE DYER CLAIMED?
So this should have set alarm bells off for all those who knew the story of Rick Dyer’s baloney both the HUGE story inconsistency and prior history and WHO SAW THIS FILM.
SOME WHO HAVE SEEN IT ALMOST A YEAR AGO BUT ONLY IN THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS HAVE CONCEDED, AND NOT EVEN A FULL FLEDGED ONE. THE TENT VIDEO ISN’T REAL EITHER.
Mind you when I see the complete HD video of the entire Dyer sequence, I believe I can correlate the 2011 camp photos with the camp you see in the movie.
What Do I Think?
What I think is some people had an extreme arrogance. And arrogance where they could not look at the side of being wrong. They got entrenched and bought in. The one thing you can never EVER do is buy in.
The proponents of Dyer that remained to the end, and I am not talking to the people belonging to the cult of Dyer who were never researchers before Rick Dyer 2012 and probably won’t be again.
But the researchers that remained to the end, are they complicit. Yes I do believe so. Why?
- Failure to have any objectivity.
- Having no evidence to base their claim on. (The words of a hoaxer as being the only source, is not evidence.)
- Doing authentication videos without any on scene investigation and making things up. (Example – Portraying a campfire video from an earlier film and portraying it the one the said night of the incident. The authentication video itself was compiled from pictures Dyer had uploaded but not labeled)
- Asking people to lie, because they believe they have the “moral imperative.” (That was covered here in this blog as a researcher angered that I had pointed out the previously published names of people to ask me to lie and state I was wrong.)
- Profiteering off the coattails of the hoax with fiction rather than fact. Some people were pissed I wrote “Fifty Large,” claiming it was profiting off a hoax. In that case, I did several things, first I never sold it on Amazon. Second is mine I based mine on fact and had done research including getting 85 pages of police reports, which costs money. So my book had stuff exclusive to it. However this individual’s book was written basically on the flawed opinion that Dyer had killed a Bigfoot. If I’d bought it, I’d be demanding my money back.
- Attempting to be getting to the truth, but then switch back to it’s real afterwards. Facebook FindBigfoot sent me out to California to call Dyer’s bluff, or so they said. Perhaps they were looking for vindication to give the appearance of being unbiased. The later defended themselves as saying they paid for me to go to California. NO, they stated they used frequent flyer miles to obtain my ticket. Not quite paying. Any incidental expenses I incurred on my own. Made it soud like I was on the payroll. Seems like another attempt to set me as a patsy like Biscardi-Dyer tried in 2008. That didn’t work out for them all too well and neither did this either. Mind you I wouldn’t have thought much about it, if they had casually stated them sending me to California, but the manner in which they did, made it sound like they were unbiased. Nope they were very biased and did not listen to reasoning until it was far too late. Not only did they take themselves down, but Chris Noel as well.
- The lack of remorse by any of them for any of their actions or by anyone they particularly wronged.
- Spreading of rumors via PM’s saying that they have, had, or will members of their team inspect the body. Much like Dyer’s details, which are vague and non-committal, these statements were made of the same ilk. No names, dates or places.
Lets face it, FBFB and Chris Noel took similar paths. They backed a losing horse for whatever reason. If they think my ascent to where I am know today had all to do with the 2008 hoax they are very flawed in that train-wreck of thought.
I don’t think FBFB gave Dyer anything special like Biscardi gave him in 2008, which was a circus of an international press conference. But Dyer was out to destroy the Bigfoot Community agian, and FBFB the biggest group on FB was an easy mark.
Rick Dyer likes to think everyone was riding his coattails. Half the station graphics on his vehicles that are networks he has never been on. If that doesn’t spell sociopath I don’t know what does.
Fact is, like I’ve said he was riding on the coattails of the Bigfoot community.
Perhaps he convinced the media hungry FBFB because of that thought process. I mean what was FBFB? How does one get 40K+ followers in such a short period of time. Well you don’t do it for free. And if you’re paying for that sort of thing, then there needs to be a return on investment right??? I mean they were sending FLIR’s out like candy, including to Rick Dyer. Funny, there was no thermals from Dyer at all.
But the thing is I never compromised integrity, I never compromised the truth, correcting any mistakes, improving processes.
And I put in the time, and hard work.
Things FBFB never did.
How do we take a negative and turn it positive
Well strangely I see many positives of this.
First, I think people now realize the bar that needs to be set for what constitutes real evidence versus subjective evidence versus BS. Folks have called out, rather quickly other smaller scale hoaxers and people will again be engaged in looking at evidence with a skeptical eye, something that has lacked in this field for the last several years.
Maybe people will start realizing that all the “serious” studies that have been done here and in Canada, that have been drawn out for so long, with millions spent, have been drawn out because they have NOTHING. At least nothing they prove to science with ease.
Stuff that we will call out when we see it. Or methodology and processes they know is wrong, but try to justify to us, he Bigfoot researcher, for acceptance when they really need to be justifying it to science. The reason they don’t is the reason for so much debate and mistrust.
And frankly I want people to double check what they see and read as evidence. Check and check again before making up their mind, even on my own stuff, especially on my own stuff. I am about the truth, the good, the bad and the ugly. I am not perfect, neither is the next guy or gal. You will see no grandiose claims on legitimate sites. I don’t get much in the way of evidence every time I go out. On my site you see compilations.
But why is it we see so much damned beginners luck…over and over again by the same folks? I’m happy if I am able to extrapolate some recordings or pics over a season. And not every year or season is there an encounter. Folks need to put themselves in a reality check over what you see and believe.
Why is it we’ve had five people claim to have shot one of these creatures dead and yet there is no body. (Fred Beck, Frank Kerlow, “Bugs” Hale, Justin Smeja and Ricky Dyer) Or nothing to support their claim other than just words. I have a feeling there’s a commonality here unfortunately. I don’t thing it’s too hard to figure out.
Of course all have excuses as to why there isn’t evidence.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Put up or shut up.
As far as setting Bigfoot research back, I’ve heard that a thousand times. The only thing that sets Bigfoot research back is the constant jibbing by the media, and our own short sidedness in dealing with other researchers, witnesses and sometimes our own families. The public forgets pretty damned fast.
Till Next Time,